No announcement yet.

Reef Building...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess we will not have a reef, because it looks like nobody else wants to pony up. My offer still stands, so if someone donates $ 100 or anything amount that equals $ 100, I will throw in the last $ 50.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

We'll get there, tomorrow we'll have it!
      Last edited by WestEndAngler; April 26, 2009, 10:34 PM.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
        I guess we will not have a reef, because it looks like nobody else wants to pony up. My offer still stands, so if someone donates $ 100 or anything amount that equals $ 100, I will throw in the last $ 50.
        Explorer21 you already put in $150. I'll raise my $100 to $150 to met your contribution. Now the only thing standing between us and that reef is $100.

Comment

billystix custom rods

i have a deal for you.
          someone let me build them an off shore rod at the regular price and i will go the other $100, just get in touch with me to discuss the building of your custom spiralstix off shore rod and i will take $100 off for the finial cost of the reef "any takers"and no i will not jack the price up.
          stix

Comment

I'm in for 100.00
            "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
            boom

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              Coe:

I add another $100-so $200 total from me (and not because Kylie's an atm person-Ha ha). Can we paint the thing Burnt Orange?

We're getting close. Where's Boom's $?
              I'm only in if it's maroon.
              boom

Comment

SWEET, BRING ON THE REEF! Mopar and Boom stepped up, so now it ball is in Coe's court.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by BILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS View Post
                  i have a deal for you.
                  someone let me build them an off shore rod at the regular price and i will go the other $100, just get in touch with me to discuss the building of your custom spiralstix off shore rod and i will take $100 off for the finial cost of the reef "any takers"and no i will not jack the price up.
                  stix
                  Billy I'll call you later today to make the above mentioned deal work.

Comment

With a new rod from Billy to add to my collection, that puts us up to $1,100.

Only 900 away from a 2nd one! Guys don't stop now!

I'm going to make the statement right now that I will guarantee BeachBumBailey is in for $100 and so is Blackbeard.

With that being said that brings the running total up to $1,300! Thus to keep it moving I will pitch in another $100. So were now at $1,400!!!!

$600 more and we have two reefs!! That's right don't let your buddy boat mess up the fishing for you!! Send him over to our 2nd reef!

Comment

MAN Coe, I was being a cheerleader for the first reef and now I have to get the pom poms out again! Let's see if we can get some other West Enders to pony up first and then I will try to help out at the end if needed.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Hey I'm waiting for them to step up!!

Comment

How do you want the $$$$ Coe?
                          boom

Comment

You all can PayPal it too me... Please make a note that its for the Reef Building Project and not a regular donation to FWE... please send PayPal to: Coe@fishwestend.com

On another important note:

Race1Mopar has been in contact with Tom Hilton... apparently the only designated site is currently in Freeport the one for Galveston will be somewhere in between the S Jetty and SLP... in a designated area so its not like its a private reef that nobody knows about...

If you no longer wish to donate based on this new information I understand and send me a PM so I can remove your post and nobody will be the wiser. We have enough for 1 reef so far and almost there on our 2nd!

Comment

Coe, what are your thoughts about the new information? Are you going forward with this project?
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

My West End Friends,
                                I have been in contact with Tom Hilton and let him know we were interested in our own reef and that we already had funding for one. In the process we got in a long conversation where Tom informed me that he can't just add a reef anywhere due to land rights below the water and a few other regulations. The General Land Office, TPWL, US Core of Engineers are limiting the locations that the reefs can be placed so that a shrimp boat will not go out and just run over it and ruin their nets. The three zoned sites will be designated no dredging. tralling, ect..

There are three 160 acre sites being planned within state waters of the state of Texas. The three reefing sites are to be in Freeport, Galveston and Matagorda. He believes the Galveston site will be located halfway between the Galveston Jetties and San Luis Pass but this is not finalized yet.

The Freeport project will begin in approximately 1 1/2 weeks and he hopes to have several hundred deployed with next few months.

Tom will be presenting to TPWD on May 28th and discussing the Galveston Reef location and timeframes. He will keep us in the loop for these details although he is also seeking large scale funding for the project so that he can go in and populate the site with multiple reefs at once.

Although it looks like we could not have a secret fishing reef we could have a reef within the project with a name we provide. Ww would need to be a part of the overall picture though, and improve the fisheries as a whole, as a group effort.

With the new information I can understand each of you have to think on it, decide if it's worth it to you. It will still be in Galveston, within state waters and provide a marine habitat for not only offshore fish but also our bay fish that leave in the winter. It will bring more bait to the area which will help bring fish. I'm still in...
                                Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X