468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wear ray guards/shields when wading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOF--- Only takes 1 time to get stuck and I'm sure you'd be wearing them religiously after that happens! Kinda like wearing snake chaps... You might not get struck ever but if that 1 time happens and your not wearing...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      FOF--- Only takes 1 time to get stuck and I'm sure you'd be wearing them religiously after that happens! Kinda like wearing snake chaps... You might not get struck ever but if that 1 time happens and your not wearing...
      I'm sure of it, but until then, I'll just keep sliding along.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Yah I take my chances too... I have my rayguards but man do they rub my shins raw... its almost like I have to wear soccer socks with them...

When I go gigging I am wearing wading boots because I can see the ground... When I start wading shell they go on because I like the added protection for my feet

Comment

Yeah I usually where them, especially when wading the coves in west bay. I kayaked a good amount back in the coves and they are just loaded with those things. Most of them are small but right before I left for school my friend caught one we estimated around 15lbs.

Comment

I was drift fishing the back coves near Starvation & the whole floor bed of the bay at once lifted and began swimming... I was like what in the world... Must have been THOUSANDS! All spawning!! I was a little upset, Beach Bum Bailey left the C-4 in the truck...

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
              I was drift fishing the back coves near Starvation & the whole floor bed of the bay at once lifted and began swimming... I was like what in the world... Must have been THOUSANDS! All spawning!! I was a little upset, Beach Bum Bailey left the C-4 in the truck...
              Behind the park for me...most I'd ever seen.If your ever in Shamrock Cove, between Corpus and Port A, it gets some nasty schools and the water is so clear you can see everything. Just keep shufflin...
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

This past week I was shufflin', but the darn things kept swimming at me!!! What a creepy, creepy wade...

Comment

I need to get a pair.

Comment

I usually try to wear them. My dad got hit by a big ray and it cut his achilles tendon.
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                      I usually try to wear them. My dad got hit by a big ray and it cut his achilles tendon.
                      No way... cut his achilles tendon? OUCH!

Comment

I always wear them it seems like I find all the potholes.

Comment

Originally posted by ynggun View Post
                          I need a pair...

Nevermind, and yes I will wear them.
                          Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by ynggun View Post
                            Nevermind, and yes I will wear them.
                            Hmmmmmmm.......I wonder what you got for Christmas....
                            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                              Hmmmmmmm.......I wonder what you got for Christmas....

Outdoor: Reef boots, Gaiters. And you can see the rest here.

Austin
                              Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Wow! Good deal there homey. I want some.
                                I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
                                X