468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wear ray guards/shields when wading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, ive been saying that I am going to buy some for a fwe years now. I need to break down and do it.

Anyone ever been hit by a ray while wearing them? I know they are not ray "proof" but what are the odds of them still going through I wonder?
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
      Anyone ever been hit by a ray while wearing them? I know they are not ray "proof" but what are the odds of them still going through I wonder?
      The only instances i've ever heard of someone getting hit while wearing ray guards in when they are wading in mud, or something like that, and they get hit above where they are protected. They either get hit in the thigh or the upper calf because of the sinky bottom that they are fishing in.

I've never heard of someone actually wearing the ray guards properly and still having a ray go through that.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I wear the reef boots with the shin guards, I just need to get a new pair. Ike stole mine.
        Ken
        www.family-tides.com

Comment

Originally posted by 032490 View Post
          I wear the reef boots with the shin guards, I just need to get a new pair. Ike stole mine.
          Where in Treasure Island are you? We'll be launching there at about 11 this morning going out to the camp.
          I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I don't own a pair yet, but I'm looking into getting some !

Comment

I was also taught to slide my feet, but I bought a pair of guards and wore them once. They almost wore holes in my legs, so I'm back to sliding my feet. I know the guards will hurt me, but a ray never has........Currently knocking on Wood!
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                I was also taught to slide my feet, but I bought a pair of guards and wore them once. They almost wore holes in my legs, so I'm back to sliding my feet. I know the guards will hurt me, but a ray never has........Currently knocking on Wood!
                You either had the guards to tight or were wearing shorts!
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

The full boot rubs my shins raw, I have switched from shorts to wading pants and don't have a problem anymore.
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

im gonna invest in some.
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                    X