No announcement yet.

Quitting television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great experiment, Hope you make it. I can gladly say I have never watched a single "Reality Show", except for the Japanese version of 'Iron Chef'. We have way too many books and all the walls are double stacked so I can recommend a few if reading material is what you need... Anything by Robert Ruark, He taught Ernest Hemingway how to 'Safari' in Africa,, 'An Old Man & a Boy' is one of his best works, if you can't find it, call me I have a copy from 1960, I will loan it.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
      I gave up my high speed internet too. This aircard is like a dial up to watch a youtube video, so I don't think I'll be streaming any shows. But it's handy and I can have interweb at the camp.
      get a smart phone like an htc and use it as a wifi hotspot. i can surf the web on my phone or connect it to my laptop and connect that way. we were watching netflix movies on the road when we drove to cali last month.

Comment

Hey gilbert whats the rate plan and is there a limit on the Megabites or downloads?
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

We cut our cable off in June. It's been great.

Comment

Cable cost me around $1200 a year. But I know that if I cut it out, the divorce would cost me more!

I dont know what she would do without " The Real Big Brother of Jersy Shore's Ghost Hunter in 48 Hours" or whatever the hell its called.

Anyway. Its coming up on football season. So I wont have much room to talk for a few months.

Comment

If I didn't have the fishing channel I would have to live on the beach to get my fix.
              75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Just went thru the channels on the d tv and well, I've always wondered why we pay for so many 'paid for programming' channels. The 'who lives where and how they live', I dont even want to get started on that one. The food channel used to be fun. I have never liked that these providers up there numbers of channels by including radio channels, geez. This satellite provider service should be paying me for annoying me with all of that crap. Really, only thing I'd miss is VS during parts of the year and some of the history channel. You got me thinking there Coach. When we are out of town, I only usually watch the local channels in the area, using the regular antenna. Local has my only addiction right now anyway, and it is not in season yet.
                Last edited by small bites; August 23, 2011, 02:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Oh, the weather channel. I think there is a way to get that thru a live link on the 'puter.

Comment

Interesting...the wife and I have been thinking about doing this, but it is mostly her doing the "thinking about"...I hardly ever watch anything except when trying to go to sleep early when I'm working on days. I've pointed out though how reliant she's become on DVR and she'll have to do without...so none of this will happen I'm sure.

Sandy, I'm with yeah on the History Channel...it has become reality...so for me it really is the history channel as I never watch it anymore!
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I couldn't make it without Oprah, Tyra and Dr. Phil.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        I couldn't make it without Oprah, Tyra and Dr. Phil.
                        I figured you for a Richard Simmons kinda guy!
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by flatoutfishin View Post
                          i figured you for a richard simmons kinda guy!

baahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I can send you a copy of Sweating to the Oldies.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                              Hey gilbert whats the rate plan and is there a limit on the Megabites or downloads?
                              rate plan on what? netflix or data package on the phone? netflix is $8 a month and I pay $20 for unlimited data on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                                rate plan on what? netflix or data package on the phone? netflix is $8 a month and I pay $20 for unlimited data on my phone.
                                You gotta go to Fiesta to get it though...and that's only to Mexico!
                                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                                X