2 GLO Cabins up for bid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 GLO Cabins up for bid!

Got this in an email today, and they asked to pass the word. If you win the one on Moody Island, you'll be Blockade Runners' closest neighbor.

COMING SOON - TWO FISHING CABIN PERMITS AVAILABLE!! HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!!

Do your friends want to stay at the cabin too often? Are you ready for them to get their own permit? Here's their chance!!

We will be offering this limited time, unique opportunity on a sealed bid basis, pending final approval.

One prime fishing location in the lower coast in the Laguna Madre - Land Cut Area and another great location in the upper coast on Moody's Island near West Bay. Stay tuned for final details to be emailed on May 7th.

Please contact us with any questions. You can reach us by email at cabins@glo.texas.gov or call Amy Nuñez at 361-825-3038 or Julie Fielder at 512-475-2281. If you have received this email in error or if there are others you would like to add to our permit holder email list or our "we interested in cabins" email list, please let us know.

Amy Nuñez
    Lower Coast Regional Manager
    Coastal Field Operations
    Texas General Land Office
    amy.nunez@glo.texas.gov

Julie Fielder, Lease Manager
    Cabin/Right-of-Way Team
    Texas General Land Office
    PO Box 12873
    Austin TX 78711-2873
    Phone (512) 475-2281
    Julie.Fielder@glo.texas.gov
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

How much do they generally go for Coach?
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I'm guessing that's the storm riddled one on the end. Wish I had a pile of money - gonna probably be a total tear down and rebuild.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I may have to get in on this.
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
          I'm guessing that's the storm riddled one on the end. Wish I had a pile of money - gonna probably be a total tear down and rebuild.
          I'm buying TX lottery tickets - all my extra money went to Sandy at his rummage sale...

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
          If you win the one on Moody Island, you'll be Blockade Runners' closest neighbor.
          One nice thing, it'll be easy to borrow a hammer and nails, just across Titlum Tatlum.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Re: 2 GLO Cabins up for bid!

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
            I may have to get in on this.
            Need some partners?
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

2 GLO Cabins up for bid!

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
              Need some partners?
              How much we talking about here to be a partner?

Comment

I'll take both... . LOL>.. I wish.

I know some guys that partnered up on a deal like this.. spent a good few weekends building a first class cabin on the cut. Nothing like a little sweat equity.
                TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
                  How much we talking about here to be a partner?
                  Let's dig in and find out! DB check into it
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

2 GLO Cabins up for bid!

I got the same email. I would like to partner up on the Moody Island permit if y'all do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
                    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Need some partners?
                      May need em
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Let's dig in and find out! DB check into it
                        I am swamped today, but may be able to make some calls tomorrow
                        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
                          I got the same email. I would like to partner up on the Moody Island permit if y'all do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
                          Same here.
                          I'll additionally contribute sweat equity, and building materials staged at my place.
                          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Y'all would be welcome to borrow tools. You'd be my closest neighbor. If I had to guess, I'd reckon a person selling that permit would probably get about $5k because the building there is a complete tear down, haul out, and rebuild. You can NOT burn them. Many of y'all might remember my pleading whining butt on here every weekend after IKE for people to help me tear down and haul out the "Ghost Camp". It ain't an easy thing. But this one is not nearly as stoutly built as that one was.

With a sealed bid though? I have no idea how much it would go for. I'm not even sure how the process works. I'm guessing you put your offer in an envelope and send it to them, and so does everyone else. On the deadline day, they open the envelopes and the highest offer wins. Let me know if I don't have that straight.
                            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                              I am swamped today, but may be able to make some calls tomorrow
                              Hell yes let's make a FWE shack!!
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X