2 GLO Cabins up for bid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
    I have no idea how much it would go for. I'm not even sure how the process works. I'm guessing you put your offer in an envelope and send it to them, and so does everyone else. On the deadline day, they open the envelopes and the highest offer wins. Let me know if I don't have that straight.
    The GLO will issue a bid package. The package will include all the conditions, rules, etc and probably include obligations to build in a certain time period. You name the ownership group and the lead owner/representative. You include your bid amount and a cashier's check in that amount. If you are the high bidder, they cash your check and give you the permit. If you lose, they return the check.

There was a sale down in the Land Cut two or three years ago. I don't know what it sold for. There was a permit available via private sale in Titlum-Tatlum a year or two back. It was listed for $10k but I don't know what it sold for. I tried to buy it but lost out. I imagine this permit with open bidding will go for more.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Whoa $10 or more? I would be willing to partner up with a few fellow FWE guys.
      sigpic
      www.TEXASSMOKESAUCE.com

Comment

Here's the administrative rules:

- regarding the dilapidated structure:
        "the permit holder agrees to rebuild or relocate the structure within one year of contract issuance."

also

"Bid proposals for permits for nominated structures must specify and describe the design of the structure proposed and must be submitted with the prospective bidder's payment of his bid offer for the bonus payment and filing fee."

and 4(k) deserves close reading as to how major repairs are approved and defined.
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Sounds like there's going to be a big partner orgy at the new fishing shack in Tit for Tat.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I remember the sealed bid down in the Land Cut went for $25k.

I can't remember what the one down the bayou went for last year, but it was a private transaction, AND there was no structure to tear down and haul out. Matthew here could shed some light on that.

I paid $5k for my late partner's half of BR's when he passed. Many of y'all might remember just how bad it was at that time AND we still had a year to spend taking down the Ghost Camp. Just made the final payment yesterday.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
              I remember the sealed bid down in the Land Cut went for $25k.

I can't remember what the one down the bayou went for last year, but it was a private transaction, AND there was no structure to tear down and haul out. Matthew here could shed some light on that.

I paid $5k for my late partner's half of BR's when he passed. Many of y'all might remember just how bad it was at that time AND we still had a year to spend taking down the Ghost Camp. Just made the final payment yesterday.
              I remember well about the tearing down of the ghost camp. My boat hauled at least half of it off. It's just a damm shame that no one caught me taking out the last post from underneath the camp to make the whole thing come down. We had plenty of witnesses but no one caught it on video.
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I have 10 G's to start....

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkypink View Post
                  I have 10 G's to start....
                  I will come pick it up tonite!
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Can this property by accessed by a small barge and push boat?...

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkypink View Post
                      Can this property by accessed by a small barge and push boat?...
                      I'm sure when the tide is in.take a canyon bay.
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

If I buy it, I want to put a Double Wide there...I don't have time to build stuff...I just buy it.

Comment

Guys, let me go through my pictures. I meant to take pics today, but the dad gum 1999 camera is giving me fits. See other post on that issue.
                          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Well, I've been through everything and I don't have a good pic of 1489. I think I've worked out my issues with 1999 Fujicam. If so, I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Comment

anyone have the GPS coords or can post a map of where this one is?
                              Capt. Thomas Barlow
                              281-827-6815
                              www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

If you look at Google Earth or Google Maps, the cabin (I think) is the last one to the west on the south bank of Titlum-Tatlum. In the google maps images it is the one with the debris field around it.
                                "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Working...
                                X