No announcement yet.

11-30-2013 moses lake,dickenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I haven't said it already" thanks, plugger" for a real fun day.

Comment

Awesome fish

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy from work and I fished Moses Friday, we were in his Gulf Coast LS. We got launched by about 7:30, and started a drift about 400 yds to the left of the gate. We ended that drift over that 26 foot deep hole (crazy looking on scan) and didn't get a hit. Ran more toward the middle of the lake and noticed a TON of birds were all milling around but they never would lock up on anything solid. About that same time there was a horrible slick stench but it was way too windy to see it. We started a drift in that area, and still, nothing. Water clarity was pretty good, there were a lot of off color streaks, rips, etc. This was my first time in Moses, but I must say it did not by any means blow my dress up. I always hear about folks slayin' in there but not Friday. We threw the kitchen sink at em' too....Fat Boys, Devils, Assassins, TTF TK's, all colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Crane Operator View Post
          My buddy from work and I fished Moses Friday, we were in his Gulf Coast LS. We got launched by about 7:30, and started a drift about 400 yds to the left of the gate. We ended that drift over that 26 foot deep hole (crazy looking on scan) and didn't get a hit. Ran more toward the middle of the lake and noticed a TON of birds were all milling around but they never would lock up on anything solid. About that same time there was a horrible slick stench but it was way too windy to see it. We started a drift in that area, and still, nothing. Water clarity was pretty good, there were a lot of off color streaks, rips, etc. This was my first time in Moses, but I must say it did not by any means blow my dress up. I always hear about folks slayin' in there but not Friday. We threw the kitchen sink at em' too....Fat Boys, Devils, Assassins, TTF TK's, all colors.
          we threw the sink at them to, not one fish in the lake. all caught outside the gate.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Moses is like anywhere else. Sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers.

Comment

You are welcome Harvey and thank you too for your guide service . Greenie to you and john .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                You guys had some nice trout and a redfish, too and you post a pic of Harvey and a big ugly (or should that be a drum and a big ugly )? Water was 48 when we launched in Moses Lake and outside the gate in the morning the water temp was 49. That incoming tide in the evening brought the magic 55 degrees (water) with it and it was FISH ON! Really enjoyed meeting and fishing with you Henry! Let's do it again soon.
                I'm still stoked catching that big drum on light tackle. I've hooked jacks and fish in the surf that spooled me out and made me go back to the truck to re-spool and such, :-) but there was a couple times during our battle that I just knew I had a huge ray on. He tested my equipment max level and we beat the fish in the end. Props to lews speed spool, 89.95, stern mono 7.50, 100 yards, falcon coastal 99.00 off the rack, and an old school cocohoe, 15 cents. And last but not least superspook Danny on the net, priceless.

Comment

Nice report Doc.
                  That red was some kinda pig.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                  Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Nice report. H Maier said it best. Any spot can be off or on just have to catch it right. I too have had the best luck outside of the flood gates - at least the past 2 or 3 months fishing there has been pretty steady.
                    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Working...
                    X