11th Annual West Bay Slam Tournament & Fundraiser
Benefiting the Fisher House Foundation
Underwritten by CastAway Rods
Rules & Regulations
1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violation(s) will result in disqualification.
2. $80 per Adult Angler and/or $10 per Youth Angler
3. This is a team tournament. A maximum number of 4 adults can fish together per boat.
4. Guides are allowed
5. Wade fishing is permitted; must be within sight of other anglers fishing with you (200 yards max)
6. Fishing hours will begin at 6:25 AM (Sunrise) on July 6, 2019. Contestants must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 2:30 p.m.
7. You may launch anywhere! Anglers are not allowed to leave the dock / ramp or no wake zone until 30 minutes prior to sunrise (safe light / 5:55 AM). You can stage and/or be on the water before 5:55 AM, just cannot leave the no wake zone until that time.
8. Adult Division – Heavy Stringer (5 fish bag) – Each team is only allowed to bring in 1 trout over 25” and no more than 2 slot reds. Any other combination of trout under 25” or Flounder is permitted in order to achieve the 5 fish bag limit.
9. Youth Division – (12 & under) – Heavy fish (ANY SPECIES) – 1st-3rd will be awarded with a trophy.
10. Artificial, Live or Dead Bait may be used in both divisions. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
11. No angler(s) is permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other boat, kayak or wader, unless permission has been granted.
12. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team. Polygraph will be enforced.
13. All anglers on your boat or in your group must be entered in the Tournament.
14. Adults must register their kids to fish. The adult does not have to be entered in tournament if they only entered their child into the kids division.
15. Boat, Wade, Kayak or Beach fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
16. Google Earth Boundary Map: http://goo.gl/maps/NmhMu
17. All adult participants will be subject to polygraph testing.
18. Anglers must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00 p.m., unless you are standing in line or you are noticed by an official in the parking lot bringing in your fish, weigh in will close immediately at 4 PM.
19. All fish must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish that are turned in for measuring that are not within regulations will disqualify the angler.
20. In case of a tie, the team that weighed in first shall prevail (includes Kids division)
21. All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL
22. Live / Dead Fish Bonus – There will be no bonus or deduction to your total stringer weight for live / dead fish
23. Kayak Anglers – You are allowed to exceed the max distance stated in Rule #5 only to take a fish back to a truck or shoreline to place it in a live well or cooler. You must immediately return to within the 200 yard range of your partner once completed.
24. Each adult angler will receive a Captain’s Bag with shirt at weigh-in, also one Raffle Ticket. Remember to check-in!
25. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
26. Plaques will be awarded to 1st-5th place. Cash Payout to the top 5 teams.
27. Side Pot (OPTIONAL): Heaviest Slot Redfish – 60% / 30% / 10% cash payout (pays 3 places) – If one team member elects to do side pot, all members must be entered – no exceptions, fish from your main stringer can be used in the side pot. ($20/angler)
28. Awards Ceremony & Opportunity Drawings will run from 5:00 – 6:00 PM, July 6, 2019 at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar (Sea Isle) 21706 Burnet Dr. Galveston, TX 77554. Awards start after drawing & auction.
29. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED
Payout scale based on 100 entries as follows:
1st Place $2,000.00
2nd Place $1,400.00
3rd Place $1,000.00
4th Place $600.00
5th Place $300.00
*** Question / Concerns: Please call 713-594-425(Two) ***