FishWestEnd Winter Trout I
Galveston Bay Complex!
Live Weigh-in Sea Isle Galveston, TX
Launch anywhere you want!
*You can register online up until 6 am the day of the tournament*
Rules & Regulations
1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification of the entire team.
2. $120 / per Angler
3. A maximum of two (2) anglers per team. No exceptions.
4. All paid participants that check in during weigh in will receive a shirt.
5. You can launch anywhere & anytime you want at 5:30 AM the day of the tournament. You must stay within the stated boundaries during tournament hours.
6. Guides allowed.
7. Wade fishing is permitted within sight of other team member (200 yard max).
8. Fishing hours will begin at 6:00 a.m. November 17, 2018 and contestants must be in weigh-in line
by 4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 2:30 p.m. Weigh-in at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar (Sea Isle Subdivision – 21706 Burnet Dr. Galveston, TX 77554)
9. Artificial bait only! Tipping of hooks w/ dead bait, chumming or any other methods to attract fish are strictly forbidden and subject to disqualification. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
10. No team is permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other boat, wader or kayak unless permission has been granted. *CAUTION DUCK SEASON IS OPEN*
11. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team.
12. No communication between tournament anglers. Contacting outside sources by phone or radio for purposes of finding fish is strictly forbidden.
13. Boat, Wade or Kayak fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
14. Heaviest trout stringer will win (max of 3 trout per team, only 1 trout may be over 25”)
15. Boundaries: http://goo.gl/maps/s3Y3v
16. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing.
17. Anglers must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00 p.m., unless you are standing in line, the weigh in will close at 4:00 p.m.
18. All fish weighed in must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish that are turned in for weighing that are not within regulations will disqualify the team.
19. In case of a tie, weigh in time will determine the winner.
20. Live Trout weighed-in will receive a half pound (1/2) pound bonus added to the weight of each
fish (max of 1.5 LBS for 3 live trout). There is no penalty for bringing in dead trout.
21. All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL
22. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
23. Cash payout to the top 5 teams (see below) ** Can be expanded if we have a good turnout **
24. Side Pot: (Optional) – $20/ angler “Big Trout” the heaviest trout will win – 60% / 30% / 10%
cash payout. In the event of a tie earlier weighed fish will win.
25. Trophies: 1st – 5th place teams will receive a plaque.
26. Fish from your stringer can be used in the side pot.
27. You may only approach the weigh table with 3 or less trout for the main weigh-in. The side pot will be conducted on the side as to not slow down the weigh in process. Should you have a live fish as your side pot contact a tournament official so we can get your trout measured and back in the water ASAP.
28. Awards & Drinks: 4:30 – 5:00 PM, November 17, 2018 at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar 21706 Burnet Dr. Galveston, TX 77554 (Sea Isle Subdivision)
29. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED
Payout scale based on 50 teams as follows:
1st Place $3,250.00
2nd Place $2,250.00
3rd Place $1,250.00
4th Place $750.00
5th Place $500.00