Funds are needed to purchase materials – can you help?
Click here for an ABC Channel 13 Video about the Memorial
Cost for materials to build the memorial is estimated to be $21,390
• Funds needed to cover cost of the concrete materials and the memorial stones
• Memorial stones, dedication stone, and bench which will be provided by Rock of Ages, League
City, at an Eagle-project discount
• Dickinson City Council voted to waive permit fees
• Labor to prepare the site and place the concrete will be provided by Boy Scouts and volunteers
Donors of $500 or more can have their names, up to 20 letters, sandblasted on the vertical side of the circular bench in the center of the memorial. If donations exceed the cost, the extra donations will be given to a veterans’ scholarship program.
All tournament entry fees and sales of BBQ plates will be donated to this fund.
Model of Memorial:
To be built at Gazebo Park on Hwy. 3 (Construction begins after funds are raised)
Saturday – September 19, 2009
- $25.00 Entry Fee per Person
- Check-in between 4:00 AM – 7:00 AM at Dickinson Bayou Public Boat Ramp if you need to register on the day of the tournament or if you have questions, Otherwise, begin fishing no earlier than 6:00 AM
- Weigh-in between 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM – You must be in line by 4:00 PM
- Check-in and Weigh-in at Dickinson Bayou Public Boat Ramp Hwy. 3 South at Dickinson Bayou
- Weigh-in Services provided by the Coastal Bend Weigh Team
- Trophies and Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for Heaviest Trout, Slot Red, Flounder, and Heaviest Stringer
- Prizes: Guided Fishing Trips, Guided Duck Hunt, Billy Stix Fishing Rod, Stick’em Rod, Fishing Tackle Unlimited Rods, and more!
Tournament Awards, BBQ Dinner and Silent Auction:
- Dickinson VFW Hall ~ 5204 Hwy 3, Dickinson, Texas (corner of Hwy 3 and Hughes Rd)
- Master of Ceremonies Captain Wayne Vinton (Sports Radio 610 Outdoors Show)
- $10 per plate BBQ Dinner served from 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Silent Auction bidding from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Tournament Awards at 6:30 PM
- Silent Auction Results at 7:00 PM
The following are the official Rules & Regulations of the tournament:
- All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification.
- Fishing hours will begin at 6:00 a.m. September 19, 2009 and contestants must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 2:00 p.m.
- All fish must be caught within the designated fishing hours on the day of the tournament.
- Baits – All types of baits allowed by Federal and State rules and regulations may be used.
- All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
- Contestants shall not approach nearer than 50 yards to any other persons fishing unless permission has been granted.
- No fish may be accepted from or given to another persons or contestants.
- Boat, Wade, Kayak or Beach fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
- Divisions will consist of Heaviest Trout, Slot Red, Flounder and Heaviest Stringer.
- Heaviest Stringer Combination will consist of no more than five (5) fish total (any combination of Trout, Flounder or Reds). Only 2 Slot Reds and 1 Trout over 25” will be allowed in total stringer.
- Participants may fish anywhere on Texas navigable waterway as long as they can meet the Check-in and Weigh-in times.
- All participants will be subject to polygraph testing if the need shall arise.
- Anglers must be in the weigh-in line no later than 4:00 p.m.
- All fish weighed in must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish or fish otherwise not within regulations will disqualify the contestant.
- In case of a tie, length of fish will determine the winner over weight of fish.
- All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL!
- Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
- Trophies and Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 Heaviest Trout, Slot Red, Flounder and Heaviest Stringer.
- Awards Ceremony: 6.30PM, September 19, 2009 at Dickinson VFW, Hwy 3 South in Dickinson TX.
IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY
REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED
Click Here to download a printable version of the enrollment form
On-line Registration and Donations below: