The West End Anglers
1st Annual West Bay Slam Tournament!
Saturday July 4th, 20009
Youth & Adult Divisions
Heaviest Flounder, Slot Red, Trout & Stringer
Weigh in and auction will begin at 3PM @ Avery’s Bayside Cafe
- Door Prizes
- Silent Auction
- Food & Drink
(21706 Burnet Dr, Galveston, TX 77554) Get directions
(Sea Isle Marina)
$40 per Adult Entry / $10 per Youth Entry
1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification of the entire team.
2. A maximum of two (2) adult anglers per team. (Age 13 and up)
3. Children below the age of 12 may fish with the adults in the same boat for their category.
4. Wade fishing is permitted within sight of other team member (200 yard max).
5. Adult Division is per team, not to exceed 2 people per team.
6. Fishing hours will begin at 6:00 a.m. July 4, 2009 and contestants must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 3:00 p.m.
7. Artificial, live or dead bait may be used. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
8. No team is permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other boat, unless permission has been granted.
9. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team.
10. Boat, Wade, Kayak or Beach fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
11. ADULT Division will consist of Heaviest Trout, Slot Red, Flounder and Heaviest Stringer. (Ages 13 and up)
12. YOUTH Division will consist of Heaviest single fish, any species, and will have prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. (Ages 12 and under)
13. Heaviest Stringer Combination will consist of no more than five (5) fish total (any combination). Only 2 Slot Reds and 1 Trout over 25” will be allowed in total stringer.
14. Participants may fish anywhere in West Bay, being any navigable waterway West of the Texas City Dike. Anglers must stay North of Pelican Island and can venture as far into West Bay as Bastrop, Chocolate Bay / Bayou and Christmas Bay. Anglers wishing to fish from the surf may fish any beachfront area between the end of the Seawall and San Luis Pass (Galveston side)
15. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing if the need shall arise
16. Anglers must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00 p.m., unless you are standing in line, weigh in will close by 4:30 p.m.
17. All fish weighed in must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish that are turned in for weighing that are not within regulations will disqualify the team.
18. In case of a tie, length of fish will determine the winner over weight of fish.
19. All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL
20. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
21. Trophies will be awarded to Heaviest Trout, Slot Red and Flounder. Winners will received a handmade Billy StiX Custom Rod, a 3 year subscription to Texas Outdoors Journal & FishWestEnd gear. The heaviest stringer will win a guided trip with Capt. Greg Francis of Saltwater Assault Guide Services. All paid entries will receive a FREE 1 year subscription to Texas Outdoors Journal.
22. Awards Ceremony: 5PM, July 4, 2009 at Avery’s Bayside Cafe 21706 Burnet Galveston, TX (Sea Isle).
23. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED
For mail in entries or if you would like a printable version click here
For more information or to comment on the Tournament click here
** Proceeds from event will go to the Sea Center in Lake Jackson to help in the Flounder Restocking Program **